Services for Schools
Accelerate – committed to ensuring every child and young person has the opportunity to reach their full potential...
The Accelerate team work alongside you, your staff and your students to support, enhance and sustain high quality physical education, sport and the arts.
The Accelerate team are committed to helping you deliver curricular, extracurricular and out of school activities for children and young people.
Accelerate Services for Schools
Accelerate Young Leaders Training:Peer mentoring and befriending programmes helps to improve not only the mentees level of attainment but also the mentors, inspiring excellence and a force for change. Studies done at the MBF foundation for the DofE. Your young leaders could be your future workforce! This training enables pupils to assist with lunchtime activities and clubs and to mentor lower key stage pupil groups.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Bespoke In-house Staff Training:We can provide CPD training tailored to your needs, whether through half-day, full-day or twilight sessions. We want to raise teachers’ confidence and help them assist their pupils in making rapid and sustained progress in PE and the Arts in-keeping with the curriculum.
Heartstart: We teach ELS (Emergency Life Support) in collaboration with The British Heart Foundation. Heartstart can be incorporated into your schools PSHE programme of delivery. This programme gives your students confidence, by preparing them to cope in a life-threatening emergency. It enhances their life skills – and it’s fun. The hands on approach appeals to students of all ages. Students who may not always excel academically often shine in Heartstart programme.
A Comprehensive Sporting Competition and Festival Package:Encompassing all school years, this package complements our separate School Games Organiser programme. We are mindful of young people’s moral, social and cultural development while developing their physical wellbeing and enabling them to thrive in a supportive and highly cohesive community. We adopt the School Games values of determination, passion, respect, self-belief, excellence, team work, which are similar to Tong High School’s ‘PRIDE’ values.
Primary Schools Sport Competition Handbook:This is our third year of the School Games Programme which provides an exciting and challenging inter-school competition programme for schools in Bradford South. Accelerate also have an additional menu of competitions:
1. School Games Organiser Competitions:These competitions are open to any primary school within Bradford South and are usually free to enter, small costs may incur if a facility has to be hired for the competition.
2. Accelerate Sports Competitions:These competitions are open to any primary school within Bradford South. Entry is free for schools that subscribe to the Accelerate Sports Partnership; schools that don’t subscribe are required to pay a small entry fee.
3. Accelerate Sports Exclusive Competitions:These competitions may only be entered by schools that subscribe to the Accelerate Sports Partnership.
Intra-school Competition Development:We can help you to develop a platform for all your pupils to take part in physical activity and sport. Create your own intra-school, intra-form competition calendar - developed by us, made sustainable by you.
Accelerate Arts Partnership: A celebration of the Arts throughout the year incorporating competitions, festivals, workshops, curriculum delivery and CPD.
1. Dance incorporating ballroom, street dance, staff CPD and dance4all
2. Performance Poetry literacy and drama all in one
3. Singing choral competitions and a choral extravaganza
4. Art a chance for the whole school to get creative
5. Music makers, a chance for anyone to show off their skills, no matter what instrument they play